14/03/2016

The Himalayan Times- Travel and Lifestyle
 All it takes is courage

These six seconds of my life were the most terrific

February 25, 2016

Abhilasha Rayamajhi does the dare and 'shares the scare' at The Last Resort.

The Last Resort organised a ‘Share the Scare’ programme for Valentine’s Day. Two lucky fans got the opportunity to try the Tandem Swing with actors Nisha Adhikari and Anoop Bikram Shahi. There was a contest held where participants had to text stating the reason they wanted to have a go at it.
Bungy jump03Bungy jumpWe reached the resort around noon, freshened up and had lunch. After that it was the time for the celebrity guests to go for the jump. The instructor gave us clear guidelines on how we were supposed to take the big leap. Aman Pratap Adhikary, the Executive Producer of Himalaya Television, and I were the first ones to take the jump together. I was nervous and excited at the same time.

Bungy jump02I suffer mildly from vertigo but I love to do the things I am most afraid of. I love challenges. But when I was geared up for the leap, I was really scared. I questioned myself time and again; after all the jump would take me 160 metres down! It was my first time but Aman had already jumped 11 times earlier. His experience gave me a little more confidence.

Bungy jump04We walked to the end of the bridge. My heart was racing so fast at that moment. Three, two, one and we jumped off the bridge! I screamed on top of my lungs and for a second I felt like this was my final good bye to the world! However, post my jump I wanted to do it all over again. Swinging just above the wild Bhotekoshi River and having the golden rays of sunshine on my face made me realise how beautiful this world is.

musical programmeThe sight of people going for the jump was a treat to watch. I could feel their excitement and nervousness too. Later in the evening we had singers Akshyata Adhikary (Axata) and Jyovan Bhuju entertain the crowd with their mesmerising performance. Presca Udas, the host of the event also engaged couples in fun games and contests.
I met interesting and wonderful people at the resort. Nabila Banu, Marketing Manager at The Last Resort shared with me, “Anyone who loves nature will ultimately fall in love with our resort.” I found her words very true as I lay in my tent listening to the gurgling river outside. I woke up to the birds chirping the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

QR code payments: For financial inclusion

With innovation in the payment systems in Nepal, people are shifting gears from cash to digital payments. Cash remains the king, as 97 per c...