27/04/2016


Memories to cherish 

Abhilasha Rayamajhi enjoys the best of Mumbai and Goa

 


This year, after graduation I joined my college mates on the annual tour organised by the college. I jumped at this amazing opportunity and packed my bags for the trip ahead. It was a 15- day tour through Mumbai, Delhi, Goa and Jaipur. I was quite excited to enjoy these beautiful days and create lifelong experience and memories with my friends.
The first day started off quite well, we boarded a flight from Kathmandu to Bhairahawa. I was mesmerised by the view of the mighty mountains of Nepal and the scenic view. It was a short flight and we reached Bhairahawa.
We then boarded a bus to Gorakhpur to a catch train to Mumbai.
It was the first time I was travelling in a train. I had mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness.
My first train ride was fun filled as my friends and I chatted, laughed and enjoyed watching the trees pass through the speeding train. It was a completely new experience for most of us to hear the ‘ chai chai’ , ‘ thanda pani ’, ‘ cold drinks’ and so on by hawkers who came every now and then.
After a day and a half we reached the ‘ City of Dreams, Mumbai’. Mumbai was all about entertainment and Bollywood. It was bustling and active. Some of my friends even hoped to spot their favourite Bollywood stars as we passed through their houses. The Gateway of India in Mumbai is spectacular. The design, structure and its rich history attracts tourist from all walks of life.
We visited Water Kingdom which is Asia’s largest theme water park where we splashed in the water waves, and enjoyed different rides.
The entire city was full of life and vibrancy. My favourite spot was Marine Drive. Watching the setting sun and feeling the coolness of the Arabian Sea made me forget all the stress.
Goa our next destination awaited us.
I had always visualised a relaxed atmosphere and I was happy to be greeted by just that. I love water bodies and the town offered a laid back environment where it felt like everyone was holidaying. Parasailing, banana boat and jetski are the water sports that we indulged in. Parasailing and viewing the sea when the golden rays of the sun touched the water is priceless, it felt like I was flying in the open sky like a free bird. We also visited St Fransis Xavier Church, where it is said that the body of St Xavier hadn’t disintegrated even after being buried three times in three different countries.
Dolphin spotting at Coco beach was another activity that we participated in. The best time to spot dolphins is before 9 am and since we were late we did not see the dolphins properly. However, we enjoyed the boat ride and the scenic view of the palm trees as we passed through the house where the movie ‘ Haseena Mann Jayegi ’ was shot.
Our last night at Goa was the most memorable one. We danced till midnight on the beach and enjoyed every moment to the fullest. I believe life is too short to complain about little things. Every moment of our life is precious and is meant to be appreciated and enjoyed fully.

(The printed version of this article was published on The Himalayan Times- Travel and Lifestyle on April 28, 2016) 

2 comments:

  1. A delighful article penned by you! Abhilasha you have a charming way of penning your thoughts and feelings. I was happily transported to my college days when I would go for such amzing and unforgettable outings with my friends and buddies, most of whom are now well-settled abroad! Thank you for writing and sharing this with all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete

QR code payments: For financial inclusion

With innovation in the payment systems in Nepal, people are shifting gears from cash to digital payments. Cash remains the king, as 97 per c...