08/05/2016

Follow your heart

In challenges there are opportunities

Abhilasha Rayamajhi
Kathmandu
Most young people are confused about their future and end up following the herd. They study certain subjects or attend a particular school because their friends did the same. Some are pressurised by families and society to pursue so called reputed professions such as medicine or engineering even when their passion lies in some other fields. However, there are some individuals who dare to follow their passion despite the challenges.
Aneel Neupane, is one such individual who is living his dream of founding a production company after he dropped out of his CA course in Delhi and left his lucrative job as a Lead Cinematographer/ Photographer at Newgen Internet ( glamrs. com) in Mumbai. He shares, “ My family, relatives and teachers had great expectations from me but ultimately I chose to do what I always wanted to.” “ Dropping out was one of the most difficult decisions of my life but I had to do it. I had to follow my dream,” he says. He adds, “ I was offered a job in Mumbai as an in- house photographer and I did it for a year. However, I reached my saturation point and felt everything that I did was for the company and I wanted to do something in my own country and for myself.” Neupane says that his family are still not supportive because he dropped out of college. He says, “ I want to prove myself by doing great works through my production company Jazz Productions.” Jazz Productions is a start up founded by three like- minded friends with a view to tell stories through visual media. Currently there are nine members in the company.
Jazz Productions works basically on two types of projects, passion projects and planned projects. Under planned projects are documentaries for NGO and INGOs, wedding photography and videos, workshops in collaboration with other companies and the like.
Whereas, passion projects includes miniature photography, animations for music videos and other creative work according to him.
He reminisces, “ I was always fascinated by animation. It was my dream to become an animator and I am living it to some extent. Recently I animated a music video for Rohit John Chettri’s song ‘ Sanani’ .” He says that he is inspired by Fuzz Factory Productions and got the opportunity to work with them for a music video. “ I have a long way to go but when people I admire ask me to work with them I feel accomplished,” he mentions.
Since 2011 he started putting his photography and videos online and people liked, commented and shared.
This was huge motivation for him and now he has more than 10,000 likes on his Facebook page. “ An artist will get several requests from people to sketch their portraits. However, he/ she can only create if inspired and its the same with my work,” he says. Nepali market is not familiar with the kind of work he does so there are several challenges.
“ People don’t understand the value of my work as it is something new for the market. However, in challenges lie opportunities and potential,” he says.


(The Printed version of this article was published on The Himalayan Times- Perspectives on May 8,2016)

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! So amazingly well written ! It's particularly heartwarming to see how you bring forth such a source of inspiration in your piece 😀 In this world , where the society at large are more engrossed to participate in rat race , letting their mind and heart at odds , we need more individuals who master the art of deploying both of these assets and pursyes after the calling of their heart with courage!

    So aptly well written!!

    ReplyDelete

QR code payments: For financial inclusion

With innovation in the payment systems in Nepal, people are shifting gears from cash to digital payments. Cash remains the king, as 97 per c...