14/05/2016

Inspirational creation

Story of innovative business diaries
  

Abhilasha Rayamajhi 
Kathmandu
Deepesh Nakarmi is a man with a vision and determination. He has initiated and established several business ventures and projects.
The Founder and CEO of Sharda IT Services, Sharda Foundation and the initiator of ‘ This is my Diary’, Nakarmi is well known among today’s youth through his works.
Both Sharda IT Services and Sharda Foundation is named after his mother whom he considers the most significant person in his life. The company delivers I T se r v i c e s through advertising, consulting, system integration and web- based promotional marketing solutions. He says, “ We were doing quite well as a startup company.
We have successfully operated for three years and we are looking forward to business expansion.” During his childhood he had to chang e many schools because his father was a government officer and had postings to different places. This could be taxing on a growing child, however, for him it presented an opportunity to explore diverse places of the country and instilled love for the nation and travel in him.
Since he had financial obligations towards his family he could not focus solely on his studies. Before establishing his own company he worked as a Business Development Manager in Paragon technologies. He says, “ Working for another company offered me a chance to learn how a business works. However, I was never paid salary on time and there were many other challenges.” He says that this is not only his problem but it is faced by majority of youth in Nepal. Therefore, in his company he makes sure that everyone is paid well and on time. Further, he is quite serious about training and development of all his employees.
“ I have observed two types of people in this world. One who exploits people and takes credit for all their hard work and the other who works behind the scenes and help others to achieve their goals,” says Nakarmi. He adds, “ I definitely want to be the second type of person.” According to him, there is a huge scope for digital marketing in Nepal. He says with affordable smartphones and the advent of technology, digital marketing is here to grow. According to him, “ The only challenge I find is unhealthy competition. Most people tend to just copy others rather than being original.” He is also passionate about meeting new people, travelling, organising events and making videos.
“ Perceive me as a person not a Female” is an event that he initiated which later became a series of inspirational videos called ‘ This is my diary’. Till date there are 28 videos which has featured young talents from various walks of life.
“ I was working and making good money. However, I was not satisfied I was searching for an intellectual drive in life,” he says.
Further, he expresses, “ I did not want to end up as a money making machine.
So, I started to do things to inspire myself.” ‘ This is my Diary’ is a youtube channel features stories of unsung heroes that are seen in day to day life.
The project started off as a personal thing for me. But today I get requests from businesses to do it commercially.
And I have worked with some of my clients in the concept of ‘ This is my Diary’ for their business promotions.
“ I am always looking for new ideas and working on different concepts. For me brand value equals to marketing,” he mentions.
Most times he is busy in research works and concept formations for his clients.
Moreover, he is quite occupied in human resource development and team building.
“ Simplicity and innovation is something I always believe in,” he shares.
Not everyone is born talented or gets opportunities.
According to him, however, anyone can be successful if they are provided with the right guidance.

(The printed version of this article was published in The Himalayan Times- Perspectives on May 15, 2016)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Astounding one! He's right about two type of person haha I wish to be the latter too! An amazing piece , Abhilasha !! 😍😍 so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

QR code payments: For financial inclusion

With innovation in the payment systems in Nepal, people are shifting gears from cash to digital payments. Cash remains the king, as 97 per c...